Do you think your brand is dull? Hiring a graphic designer is one of the best ways to add a pop of personality. Finding a skilled graphic designer that understands your brand vision is one of the key investments for any successful business. But what exactly will a graphic designer do for you?
What is a Graphic Designer?
Graphic designers are visual communicators. They use visual art forms like graphics, text, and images to convey your business’s message to your consumers.
A graphic designer must be able to engage, inform, and captivate your audience with visual media. They make sure that all the media used represent your brand’s identity and message. These media include images, shapes, fonts, color schemes, logos, the print design used in your marketing materials.
What are their responsibilities?
There are many kinds of graphic designers. You have creative directors, multimedia animators, package designers, etc., that fulfill a lot of the needs of the business. However, as a small business, your priorities should be on developing a strong brand personality. And working with a graphic designer to communicate your brand’s unique personality would be the smart thing to do.
At Digital Offsider, our graphic designers generally provide the following:
- Brand Logo
- A brand logo carries the overall brand identity into one image! Working closely with your graphic designer on this one is fundamental.
- Online Marketing Campaign Templates
- These include templates for the content you’ll be regularly posting on social media. By using templates, your posts will remain consistent and your brand image is strengthened
- Product or Service Brochures
- Brochures are a great way to inform your customers about what you offer. A graphic designer will work closely with your writer to ensure that both the visuals, layout and text provide proper information
- Designing Business Cards
- Business cards could also include the signature details on your email.
- Posters and Promotional Materials
- If you’re having a sale, a product or service launch, or an announcement, a graphic designer must be able to communicate this visually. A sales promotion ad must look urgent, a product launch exciting, and an announcement important!
Depending on your business priorities, you might need more, less, or other things from this list, and that’s okay! Before hiring a graphic designer, you should at least have an idea of what problems and needs you need your designer to fill for you. They’ll definitely help you out too, and suggest alternatives on what’s best for your business.
At the end of the day, graphic designers are visual problem solvers. Aside from providing you with visually pleasing content, they should be able to improve the communication between you and your audience! They should be able to stay on top of design trends, understand your market, and comprehend your overall brand vision. Working closely with your designer and trusting their abilities are key ways to get the most out of your business investment.